Friday, November 28, 2008

Visitor

Have had a few visitors in my new house already. Most of them human. This one, though, was a tad more arachno and decided it liked my bath-tub and stayed there for a while. I'm always impressed how such a relatively tiny creature can scare the shit out of a relatively big lump like myself. And as much as i respect spiders and enjoy that their diet consists of creatures i'd rather not have in my home, i need my bath and this fine specimen was a couple of sizes too large to tolerate in my home. So i got the widest glass i have and an envelope and went to evict him. As i moved my hand closer to catch him under the glass, i kept fearing he'd jump up like in the movies. Thankfully the movies are quite wrong on this count. As soon as i'd trapped him, i put the envelope under the glass and released him outside. Had the shivers after that, and wondered why spiders are so scary.

No comments: